Saturday, April 21, 2012

Success Story - Cindy

I was out running some late night errands this evening when I noticed a woman with a small blond Cocker Spaniel sorting through the garbage bags at this donation drop-off box in the rain. Fortunately I had some small bags of pet food in the trunk of my car (not having storage space can have its advantages!). After talking to the woman I learned that she is on disability and her lovely dog's name is Cindy. Miss Cindy loves chicken and we were able to accommodate her taste buds and tummy with a few small bags of chicken dog food. After I explained Project Maddie and what we do, Cindy's mom said "Well isn't this a gift from God" and even took a small bag of cat food for her neighbour! I gave Cindy's Mom Project Maddie's contact information and I know we'll be seeing sweet Cindy and her Mom again. Thank you to those who made this unexpected but very moving and rewarding experience possible. Never underestimate the impact a small act of kindness can have on others.

No comments:

Post a Comment