Thursday, October 20, 2011

We're still here!

Just a quick note to say hello and give you some updates.

I changed internet providers so I was without service for a bit. I will do my best to update the blog more often. Please note with the change of internet providers the projectmaddie@cogeco.ca address is no longer active.

As some of you know it has been a discouraging couple of months as we've had to implement a waiting list for the first time ever.

Thanksgiving was especially disappointing but I'm not giving up. As long as there are families and pets that need Project Maddie's help to stay together I will fight tooth and nail to keep Project Maddie going.

I still believe there is a need for our service to keep pets at home where they are loved and wanted and secure, and out of crowded shelters where they will be sad, lonely and confused. Finances should not tear pets and the people who love and cherish them apart. Although we have a waiting list we are still accepting referrals to add to the list. One thing I've learned since starting Project Maddie is things can change any time.

My hope is to give vulnerable pet owners the greatest gift for the holidays - care for their precious companions. If their pets are provided for they can stop worrying about whether or not they can keep them, and stop having to choose between feeding their pets and feeding themselves.

Please note that there have been some changes to our contact information:

Our phone number remains unchanged: 905 749 0063

E-mail address: projectmaddie at gmail dot com

Address: Our food bank does not have a physical location for drop offs and pick ups, please e-mail for mailing address

Blessings from our furkids to yours,

Project Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment